Most women dream about their weddings from the time they are little girls. As they get older, some details may change, but one thing is the same: wedding planning is still on their mind! However, very few people realize just how expensive weddings can be.
While it would be wonderful if we could all plan our dream weddings without having to worry about money, unfortunately that’s not the reality for most of us. Before doing any wedding planning, you and your partner should discuss a wedding budget. Once you have a figure to work with, the wedding planning can begin!
Here are a few creative wedding budget tips to help you stick to your budget while still throwing a beautiful wedding:
DIY: You don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for wedding invitations or decor. Instead, try doing some wedding DIY projects! There are so many different ideas available online to go with any wedding theme- and they’re easier than you may think!
- Don’t invite everyone you know: Guest list size matters when it comes to venue size and catering. By keeping the guest list reasonable, you’ll be surprised how much money you can save. The plus one invitation can also be very costly, so consider avoiding it on your invitations.
- Don’t spend your entire budget on the venue: Wedding venues can be extremely costly. However, there are so many venues that are either free or affordable. Try looking for outdoor venues like parks, botanical gardens, and even the beach to save on costs. Some wedding venues will add the cost of the menu to the venue hire which can save you loads of cash.
- Rethink fresh flowers: Did you know that most couples spend thousands of dollars on flowers alone? While they may look pretty, they only last for a few days. Try cutting out flowers altogether or using fake flowers to save some money. Flowers that have roots are another great idea. Guests can take these flowers home and have a reminder of your wedding for years to come.
- Get family members and friends involved: We all have family members or friends that would be delighted with getting involved in planning your wedding. Some might have certain skills that you can use to keep your wedding budget tight. Flowers, hairdressing, seamstresses and catering are skills that they may have. Never turn down on offer if one is given to you.
- Second hand Dresses and suites: Dreams of your original dress can drain your budget, especially for a dress that will only be worn once. There are rental companies that rent gowns and will tailor them for you. Second hand gowns are another good choice and can be tailored to suit your body and changed to suit your design. Renting suits for the groom and groomsmen will also cut the budget, allowing more money for that stunning honeymoon.
If you are starting your own wedding planning, congratulations! While the conversation about a wedding budget may be uncomfortable, don’t be discouraged. You don’t need to have an endless cash flow to throw a stunning and memorable wedding. Try some of these wedding budget tips listed above and we promise you won’t regret it.